Evans Cooling Systems, Inc. Coolant Limited Warranty
Evans Cooling Systems Inc. (ECS) warrants its products to be free from material defects under normal use for a period of two years from the date of purchase.
If Evans Waterless Coolant is installed in accordance with the appropriate instructions and cooling system damage occurs that is documented and verified by industry-accepted diagnostic testing to be the fault of Evans products, ECS will, at its discretion, pay for the repair or replacement of the coolant and any affected covered cooling system parts listed below, as outlined in the Product Liability Policy.
If cooling system components would be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, and if your warranty coverage is denied on the basis of having used Evans Waterless Coolants and the manufacturer is not found liable under the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act, Evans Cooling Systems will pay for the declined warranty repairs providing the conditions and maintenance requirements as outlined within the ECS limited warranty policy are adhered to.
This warranty is the only warranty that applies to Evans Waterless Coolant and sets forth all of the responsibilities and obligations of Evans Cooling Systems, Inc. Incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages are excluded from coverage under this warranty.
To qualify for warranty coverage, the user must meet all of the conditions and requirements as outlined below.
This warranty takes effect immediately upon documented purchase and proper installation of Evans Waterless Coolant. It is subject to the requirements, limitations and exclusions as outlined in the ECS limited warranty policy.
The cooling system components listed below shall be covered against failure from abnormal wear, corrosion or cavitation due to the use of Evans Waterless Coolant, for as long as you own your vehicle.
- Water Pump
- Heater Core
- Vehicles modified for, or used in, competitive events, or vehicles subject to neglect, abuse, or abnormal driving conditions.
- Claims that are a result of normal wear and tear, accident, improper installation of any part, manufacturer defect, improper use of Evans Coolant, or failure to properly maintain the cooling system, as outlined herein or by the manufacturer.
Conditions and Maintenance Requirements
To qualify for coverage under this warranty, the following must be done:
- Completely purge the cooling system using the Evans Coolant Conversion Procedure.
- Upon proper draining of the cooling system, the system should be filled completely with Evans Waterless Coolant.
- Once conversion is completed, the water content of the cooling system must be measured to ensure that it does not exceed 3%. A sample of coolant taken post-conversion must be sent to ECS, Inc.
- Top-off must only be done with Evans Waterless Coolant.
- Annual coolant sampling and analysis must be done to insure the integrity of the Evans Coolant has not been compromised.
- This warranty is limited solely to the owner or lessee of the vehicle at the time of the initial fill of Evans Waterless Coolant.
How to File a Claim under Warranty Coverage
Notify ECS by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be able to provide the following:
- Proof of purchase
- Sample of the coolant at time of failure (if a coolant sample is not provided, the claim will be rejected)
- Copy of the vehicle registration or other proof of ownership
- Damaged part and statement from repair facility documenting the damage
- Estimated cost to repair
- Odometer reading
If a claim is approved, ECS will make payment after the bill has been submitted and repairs have been made. Claims will be limited to the amount of estimate received. Repair expenses will be limited to parts and labor required to repair or replace the covered cooling systems parts as listed above.